Well the bisque fire went well. All the pieces came out including all the test tiles I made for the new batch of glazes. I spent about 4 hours mixing and shaking and painting tiles. It isn't usually such hard work but having to prep one glaze at a time for a single tile can be time consuming.
Can't wait to see how the colours come out. That is the thing with glazes. It isn't WYSIWYG. That black one there is actually red. The red one over there will fire blue. I got some that have a lot of frit in them. Frit is little bits of different coloured glass and they will melt and spread and show as pops of all different colours.
IT'S SO EXCITING! Hoping to have a kiln load ready for glaze firing next week (I'm away this weekend or I would be doing it then). It is much harder to have a full kiln now that I have soooooo many shelves and posts to make the most of the space!